- Books in central library : 67,967
- Books in Departmental Libraries : 15,114
- Journals/Periodicals/Magazines : 84
- Newspapers : 06
|1.||Anjali Kumari Sinha||M. Lib & Info. Sc., M.A (Sociology, Hindi), LLB, DCA||Librarian & HOD|
|2.||Chandan Kumari||M. Lib . Sc., M.A (Sociology)||Library Assistant|
|3.||Md. Jahangir Alam||M.C.A ,B.Sc(Honours)||Computer Professional|
|4.||Sushma Kumari||M.A (History),M.Lib.SC.||Library Assistant|
|5.||Rekha Kumari||B.Lib.Sc,B.A.Hindi(H),O Level and Library Automation||Library Assistant|
|6.||Manoj Kumar Das||I.A||Library Attaindent|
|7.||Rocky Hansdak||B.Sc.||Library Assistant|
|9.||Ranjit Kujur||Non Matriculation||Peon|
Library remains open from 9 am to 4 p.m on all working days.
Patna Women’s college library is an academic library to meet the needs of the staff and students of the college. The new members in 2016 are 1,486 students of which 322are vocational and 1,164 are from the general section.
Highlights of the Department
· A MoU has been signed with DELNET, an e-library supported by the Ministry of Communication and IT.
· An Institutional membership has been obtained for online subscription from the SagePublication,Computer Societyof India.
· E-library Services: The library has an open and fully automated accession system and lease line facility.The library has installed SOUL 2.0 software from INFLIBNET (Information and Library Network).
· A student, teaching & Non-teaching staffs are allowed to internet surfing for download study material and makes PowerPoint presentation & projects, takes copy on CD.
· Students are using OPAC for searching the books.
· The Multi-media centre provides the audio-visual facilities.
· Circulation Services: The Issue counter, from where the users can issue 3 General books and B.A., B.Sc. & PG students can issue 2 additional T.B.L. books at a time for a week through Library Automation Software (SOUL2.0) & Return on Return Counter.
· The Technical Services: The Technical section of the library provides Classification and Cataloguing services.
· Reference Services: The Central Library has a spacious Reading Room with a seating capacity of 144. 43 subject cupboards in Reference Section, 11 special reference cupboards are well stocked with text and reference books as to lay out a delightful panorama of knowledge.
· Journal/ Magazines Services: The library has Journal / Periodical Section Subscribe 38 national International Journals and 46 Postal & Local Magazines. Employment news, English and Hind Newspapers are also available.
· Binding Services: The library has binding section where previous years Journals and Magazines are binding as Bond Volume. If need conservation of the book then binding section fulfill it.
· Xeroxing Srevices : The Library has xeroxing section where Students and Staffs take the Xeroxcopy of books , Magazine or Documents .Magazines of Documents. Cyclostyles ,Colour Xerox facilities are also available.