- Year of establishment of the Department : July 1940.
- Honours teaching started in the year 1964.
|1||Dr. Stuti Prasad||M.A, Ph. D||English Language, Literary Criticism|
|2||Dr. Sahar Rahman||M.A, Ph.D||Postcolonial Fiction|
|3||Dr. Shahla Rehana||M.A, Ph.D||Asian Englishes|
|4||Ms. Saumya Priya||M.A||Translation Studies|
|5||Ms. Runoo Ravi||M.A, NET||Indian English Literature|
|6||Sr. M. Nelsa A.C.||M.A.||Postcolonial Literature|
Highlights of the Department
- 100% result with good percentage and every year 8 to 9 students figure in the top 10 rank holders at the University level.
- Placement: Our students are well placed in good organizations and recruited in Govt. Services.
- Meenakshi Mukherjee former director, School of Languages and Linguistics, JNU. Distinguished scholar, academician, critic & writer of international repute.
- Lakshmi Chakraverty, IAS, former Chief Sec. Govt. of Jharkhand.
- Shashi Uban, IAS, former first secretary. Indian High Commission, Canada.
- Manjari Jaruhar, IPS
- Mala Prasad, Allied Services
- Shilpa Singh, Bar-at-Law, London, at present practising in Delhi High Court.
- Shinjini Kumar, CEO,Paytm
- A great number of ex-students are distinguished teachers both in schools and universities.
- The Deptt. gives equal importance to academics and extra curricular activities.