- Year of Establishment of the Department : January 1941
- Honours teaching started in the year 1976
|1||Dr. Sister Matilda Pereira, A.C.||M.A., Ph.D||Modern India|
|2||Sister Celine Cresta, A.C.||M.A. Ph.D||Medieval India|
|3||Ms. Priyanka||M.A., R.Sch.||Modern India|
|4||Ms. Ratna Priyadharshini||M.A., R.Sch.||South India|
|5||Dr. Divya Kumar||M.A., NET, Ph.D,MBA||Modern India|
Highlights of the Department
- We aim to make the students worthy citizens and better human beings by letting them acquire deeper knowledge of the past, energetic living of the present and looking forward with sustainable hope.
- Seminars, Projects, Quiz Programmes, field trips, educational trips, cultural activities, personality classess with films.
- Regular terminal examinations, as well as weekly class examinations.
- Counselling, conducting prayer, celebration of special festivals, National Days etc.
- CPE Minor Projects,class projects on various topics like Empowerment of women and other Social Issues.