- Year of Establishment of the Department : 1940
- Honours teaching in 1966
- P.G level teaching of Home Science started in - 1982
|1||Sister Maria Tanisha, A.C||M.A||Composite|
|2||Dr. Punam Kumari||M.A, Ph.D,BET||Composite|
|3||Dr. Kumari Rupam||M.A,Ph.D||Composite|
|4||Dr. Sujata Jha||M.A, Ph.D||Composite|
|5||Dr. Suniti Bhagat||M.A, Ph.D,NET||Textile|
|6||Dr. Sunita Kumari||M.Sc, Ph.D||Food and Nutrition|
|7||Ms. Sandhya Kumari||M.Sc, NET||Composite|
Highlights of the Department
- The Department of Home Science provides need based education to girl students in the theory and practice to meet the day to day challenges of life.This would enable them to play diverse roles in life as a housewife ,a working woman,a mother ,a nation builder and a responsible and responsive human being.
- Over the years our P.G students have won laurels and were the recipients of Gold Medals in the University examinations .
- Research work is Undertaken by the students at P.G and U.G levels under the supervision and guidance of the department staff.
- A Health Centre was inaugrated in the year 2010.Health check -ups for the college staff and students are conducted periodically.
- Department holds various Awareness Programmes /Interactive Sessions /Seminars for the staff and students on various health issues,first aid,disaster management and so on and many eminent doctors are invited to give input sessions.
- National and International Days of importance-National Nutrition Week ,First Aid Day, Dietetic Day and so on -are marked with various programmes like quiz,exhibition ,poster competition etc.
- Teachers upgrade themselves by attending refresher courses /national -international seminars/symposium.They also present papers and publish article in journals